Weekly YA Spotlight: A selection of the most anticipated new YA novels released this week (09/03 - 15/03)
ACID by Emma Pass ✤ March 11th
Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland ✤ March 11th
Ruins (Partials Sequence #3) by Dan Wells ✤ March 11th
The Mirk and Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson ✤ March 11th
Resistance (Replica #2) by Jenna Black ✤ March 11th
Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule ✤ March 11th
Check out the rest of this month’s new YA releases here!
- Literary agent Bridget Smith talks young adult literature and queries.
- Bloomsbury picked up three more Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass novels.
- Cassandra Clare will be releasing a new series called The Last Hours.
- Aaron Hartzler (Rapture Practice) will be releasing two more novels.
- Justine Larbalestier announced her new novel Razorhust.
- Courtney Sheinmel announced her new novel Edgewater.
- Sourcebooks Fire will release Jessica Verdi’s new novel What You Left Behind.
- Becca Fitzpatrick will be releasing a new thriller called Sapphire Skies.
- Sandy Hall’s A Little Something Different becomes the first Swoon Reads title.
- The Red House Children’s Book Awards announced their winner.
- The 2013 Nebula Awards announced their nominees, including those for the Andre Norton Award for YA Science Fiction & Fantasy.
- The 2013 L.A. Times Book Prize announced their finalists.
- BookExpo America announced their Editors’ Buzz YA Books panel selection.
- Malinda Lo (Adaptation) will participate in a Google hangout tonight.
- Authors Eliot Schrefer (Threatened), Theo Lawrence (Toxic Heart), and Tiffany Schmidt (Bright Before Sunrise) will appear at Red Hook Public Library in Red Hook, NY.
- James Patterson (Maximum Ride) gifted several bookstores grants in his ongoing campaign.
- Capstone Publishing added Switch Press, a new YA imprint.
- In Off the Page, Jeni Kubicek paints her favorite stories.
- In Dragonrage, editor Nicole Brinkley wants to test your ladies.
- In Plays with Words, E.M. Caines discusses finding time to write.
- Keep up with upcoming YA releases.
- Keep up with recent cover releases.
- Keep up with recent excerpt releases.
Don’t forget to enter to win one of five copies of Marie Rutkoski’s The Winner’s Curse! The giveaway is open to those in the United States only and will end on March 22nd at midnight.
Next issue: March 23, 2014.
This Week’s Posts
Awesome Indie Books
My debut novel, A Song For The Dead, is now available in paperback from Amazon. You can check it out here!
Recommending a great author is easy. Recommending a lesser known or overlooked classic in that same author’s repertoire, on the other hand, considerably less so. So throwing caution to the literary wind, we’ve attempted to disinter the works by celebrated figures that just don’t get the acclaim they so richly deserve, knowing that some won’t agree, but that a shrewd few somewhere will stroke their chins in approval. You may want to get a pen and paper for this…
“Perfection is like chasing the horizon. Keep moving.”
- Put one word after another. Find the right word, put it down.
- Finish what you’re writing. Whatever you have to do to finish it, finish it.
- Put it aside. Read it pretending you’ve never read it before. Show it to friends whose…
Enter our Goodreads giveaway to win a paperback copy of young adult Neo-Victorian novel Viola Doyle or An Unconventional Gift by Amy Lynn Spitzley. Open: Mar 04 - Apr 01, 2014, US & CA only. https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/84246-viola-doyle-or-an-unconventional-gift
This is the best explanation I could come up with for why it takes me so long to do updates sometimes when, at other times, I’m typing them up like clockwork.
I’m like this with my original fiction, too.
You guys forgot this one:
EVERYTHING IS SO ACCURATE I CAN’T EVEN